About the Job
Job type: Full time, fixed term (12 months subject to extension if project funding is secured)
Location: Field based – spending significant time in at least 1 location across England but with an office base at Sheffield
Salary: £27,000 – £37,000 depending on experience, plus excellent benefits
An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of over 3,000 hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital. Our current partners include Lloyds Banking Group, NHS Digital, the Big Lottery Fund, the Australian Federal Government and others.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2.4 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes from employment through to health and wellbeing.
A pivotal role with one of the world’s leading digital social change organisations, working with a global technology company to lead the operational management of a ground-breaking project helping people improve their lives by developing and growing their digital skills.
We’re growing our impact both in the UK and globally, and we’re looking for an inspirational person with excellent logistical management, people and communication skills to lead ‘on the ground’ delivery of a new service. You’ll inspire and motivate others to achieve great things, work with dedicated and passionate people, and thrive in a dynamic environment.
No two days will be the same in this role – whether it’s a day spent working with key stakeholders focussed on logistical planning or being ‘on the ground’ problem solving to ensure our delivery is meeting the needs of socially excluded individuals. The Delivery Operations Lead will bring a positive and collaborative approach to their work, putting people at the heart of everything we do.
Join Good Things Foundation at an exciting stage on our journey, and help us change the world through digital.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the setup, deployment and management of a new learning offer within a ground-breaking project, helping people improve their lives by developing and growing their digital skills;
- Leading on the day to day management of ‘on the ground’ delivery of the project (e.g. scheduling rotas, oversee health and safety and risk management) – acting as the single point of contact for multiple stakeholders;
- To ensure, communicate and role-model the highest standards of service delivery for the project, and support all staff to achieve these standards;
- To continuously seek ways of improving delivery and working with key stakeholders (internal and external) to implement these;
- To ensure that improving the lives of digitally and socially excluded adults is at the heart of the project, and that we create a welcoming, accessible and supportive learning environment in delivery spaces and partner Online Centres.
You will have experience of:
- Operational management, ideally in the third or commercial sector e.g. running a community centre or managing operations in a retail environment;
- Working in customer/people facing roles leading high standards of customer service (e.g. demonstrate strong customer empathy, resolving complaints);
- Managing staff and working with and / or leading volunteers;
- Agile delivery – working in an iterative way to respond to feedback and develop/improve services continuously.
With the following education, knowledge and skills:
- A confident communicator with excellent people/interpersonal skills, enabling good working relationships with internal and external contacts, and members of the general public;
- An understanding of how to get the best out of people working in multidisciplinary teams modelling positive and supportive behaviours that motivate others to go above and beyond;
- An eye for detail with an enthusiastic ‘can do’ approach;
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with a practical, operational approach to ensure activities are planned and delivered in a timely manner;
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Risk requirements and how to assess these;
- Commitment to delivering Good Things Foundation’s mission in partnership with others;
- Confident in using Google docs and ideally other Google Apps (sheets, slides etc);
- A minimum of five GCSEs A* – C or equivalent, including Maths & English.
Good Things Foundation is based in Sheffield. This national project will feature specific project delivery on location during which the Delivery Operations Lead will need to have a visible presence. We anticipate the successful candidate will work on location for significant periods of time to manage ‘on the ground’ delivery. Over the course of the project we envisage delivery will take place in different locations, but never multiple locations at the same time. The Delivery Operations Lead will be covered for leave and there will be breaks between live delivery on location.
Details of duration/travel will be confirmed and agreed with the successful candidate. Further locations may be agreed if project is successfully extended to at least four 4 locations. The successful candidate will therefore need to be flexible and be able to work for significant periods away from home. You will be covered for leave and there will be breaks between live delivery on location.
How to apply:
To apply, please read the full job description, then complete an application form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and submit alongside your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on 20 January 2019.
You can explore more on our website.
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual’s aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
Downloads available for this job
|Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form||docx||Download|
This employer doesn't currently have any other job posts available.
Apply for this Job
To apply for this job, simply fill out the form below. It's quick and easy! Once completed, an account will automatically be created for you and you can apply for other jobs even quicker.