About the Job
Westborough High School is an 11-16 comprehensive school with a passionate commitment to making a difference to children’s lives and ensuring that all pupils have the highest possible learning experience.
We now seek to build on our already strong foundations in order to continue our upward trend of improvement. A key strategy to enable this development is to appoint a hardworking and enthusiastic technician to further develop and embed our ethos of high expectations and exceptional attitudes to learning.
We are looking to recruit a suitably experienced technician to join our Science Faculty. Working under the guidance of the team leader, you will provide assistance in preparing & setting up equipment & materials ready for use in the appropriate laboratory, in accordance with school risk assessments. Experience of working in a laboratory setting and/or in an educational setting would be an advantage, with good knowledge of all three sciences.
Essential qualities for all applicants include amongst other things:
• The ability to effectively communicate with children/young people and school staff.
• The preparation of materials and equipment for science lessons
• Maintaining science laboratories and preparation rooms, including ensuring their equipment and services are in good order.
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Preparing experiments, setting up apparatus and equipment for demonstrations and practical lessons as requested by teaching staff.
(Please refer to the Job Description, Context Sheet and Person Specification for full details)
As a valued member of our team we can offer:
• Clear and shared values and expectations
• A commitment to tailored professional development
• A stimulating work environment
• An experienced, highly committed and supportive leadership team
If you have the vision and drive for excellence and want to be part of an enthusiastic, dedicated and well-resourced team, committed to ensuring that pupils not only achieve their potential, but exceed it, then we would like to hear from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
You are warmly welcomed to visit our school to meet other staff and to see for yourself what a great place Westborough is to work.
If you require further information about the role, please contact the school on telephone: 01924 469549 or you can visit the school website at www.w-h-s.org.uk
The closing date: Applications to be returned for the attention of Fiona Sharp by 9.00 a.m. on Monday 9 July 2018.
Interviews are likely to be held on Thursday 12 July 2018.
Downloads available for this job
|Letter to interested parties||docx||Download|
This employer doesn't currently have any other job posts available.
Apply for this Job
To apply for this job, simply fill out the form below. It's quick and easy! Once completed, an account will automatically be created for you and you can apply for other jobs even quicker.