About the Job
Digital Inclusion Manager
Salary: £27,000 – £37,000 depending on experience, plus excellent benefits Hours: Full time, fixed term (12 months)
Closing Date: 21 October 2018
A pivotal role with one of the world’s leading digital social change organisations, leading ground-breaking projects with exciting partners across the private sector, Government and global philanthropy.
Good Things Foundation is a global leader in digital inclusion, with active projects across the UK, Australia and Kenya. Our vision is a world where everyone can benefit from digital, and since 2010 we’ve helped over 2.4 million people to improve their lives by engaging with the digital world.
Working through community-based organisations, we design and deliver social change programmes that create impact through digital technology. We help people realise positive employment outcomes, reduced social isolation, and better health and wellbeing. There are 5,000 community partners in our Online Centres Network in the UK, and approaching 2,000 in the Be Connected network in Australia.
Our current partners include Google, NHS Digital, the Big Lottery Fund, the Australian Federal Government and others.
We’re growing our impact both in the UK and globally: and we’re looking for an inspirational person with excellent partnership building and management skills to lead the development and delivery of new digital inclusion projects. You’ll inspire others to achieve great things, work with dedicated and passionate people, and operate at the cutting edge of digital social change.
Join Good Things Foundation at an exciting stage on our journey, and help us change the world through digital.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Achieving brilliant delivery of Good Things Foundation’s funded projects to the highest quality standards, overseeing the development and delivery of projects across the different specialist teams in Good Things Foundation whilst maintaining positive and productive working relationships with funding partners;
- Helping to shape and contributing to the delivery of Good Things Foundation’s Digital Inclusion Programme, identifying the actions Good Things Foundation will take to maximise its impact on digital exclusion;
- Building and nurturing internal cross-team relationships to support a collaborative approach to project inception, delivery and learning;
- Identifying new opportunities and securing new income that enables Good Things Foundation to increase its impact.
You will have experience of:
- A dynamic leader of people and projects, using your energy, drive and resilience to deliver the best for partners and beneficiaries.
- A brilliant people person, able to forge strong and lasting relationships with partners based on trust and ‘always delivering what we say we will’.
- An innovator, applying your experience, skills and knowledge to devise and implement solutions to social problems.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about digital and social inclusion, demonstrating a good understanding of the policies and external environment that affects our work.
With the following education, knowledge and skills:
- A strong character who is people focused with exceptional interpersonal, organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to use judgement, discretion and make decisions.
- A self starter who can work creatively with confidence under their own initiative within a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate and work positively across teams.
- Commitment to delivering Good Things Foundation’s mission in partnership with others.
- Confident in using Google docs and ideally other Google Apps (sheets, slides etc)
- A minimum of five GCSEs A* – C or equivalent, including Maths & English.
Good Things Foundation is based in Sheffield, but we work everywhere in the country, and these roles will require a significant amount of travel to other locations, particularly London.
How to apply:
Download the job description and application form please see the Work for Us page of our website and send your CV and completed application form to: email@example.com by 21 October 2018
Good Things Foundation operates a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual’s aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
Downloads available for this job
This employer doesn't currently have any other job posts available.
Apply for this Job
To apply for this job, simply fill out the form below. It's quick and easy! Once completed, an account will automatically be created for you and you can apply for other jobs even quicker.